Vehicle Fleet Management
Box 43142, Lubbock, Texas 79409
Office (806) 742-3322, Fax (806) 742-4145
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:45 am to 4:45 pm
Our Mission is to provide and manage safe, economical and appropriate transportation for faculty and staff to perform their official duties.
- User Authorization - All users must possess a valid operator's license and be approved by the Office of Risk Management.
- Vehicle Use Reporting - Government Code, Section 2203.01 requires that each operator make a daily report of use on the State of Texas Vehicle Use Report. These booklets may be obtained at the Central Warehouse.
- Repairs and Servicing - for all TTU vehicles are available at the Physical Plant Compound – Transportation Service's automotive repair facilities located at Flint and Main.
- Accident Reporting - All accidents involving a TTU vehicle must be documented according to the procedures established in TTU OP 80.08: Accidents Involving University Vehicles.
- Training – Vehicle fleet management will provide reporting compliance training periodically to all applicable areas. In addition, training may be requested by individual departments on an as need basis. The 15 Passenger Van Driver Training Course is offered through Quality Service and Professional Development.
OPERATING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES regarding Texas Tech University vehicles, use and/or travel:
02.03: Acceptance of Gifts and Grants from Private Philanthropic Sources
61.01: Use of University Facilities, Equipment, Vehicles, Supplies,
and Services for Private Purposes Prohibited
80.01: Painting University Vehicles and Equipment
72.15: Purchasing/Leasing Motor Vehicles
79.13: University-Related Travel by Motor Vehicle
80.02: Vehicle Rental Office - Check-out Procedure
80.03: Out-of-Country Use of University Vehicles
80.04: Disposal of Motor Vehicles as Surplus Property
80.05: Refueling Procedure for University-owned Vehicles
80.06: Leased or Loaned Passenger Vehicles and Car Allowances
80.07: Vehicle Fleet Management Program
80.08: Collisions Involving University Vehicles
FORMS regarding Texas Tech University vehicles, use and/or travel:
Student Activity Release Form
Request For Transportation
Vehicle Disposal Information
Request for Authority to Remove
Equipment from Departmental Inventory Request to Transfer Equipment
Driver Approval Request
Driver Rating Evaluation Form
Delete Approved Driver Form
Monthly Use Report
Tips For Compliance
Auto Collision Information
Vehicle Accident Investigation
Vehicle Accident Witness Statement